Bridging the Gap in Our Healthcare System
There is a big gap in our healthcare system. We love our physicians who refer because they understand their limitations. Yes, it is important to check for diabetes, and high blood pressure. However, when we open up the toolbox of a General Practitioner, there is not much in there to assess the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
It goes beyond cholesterol.
THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES HAVE NORMAL CHOLESTEROL
Cardiologists are only looking for advanced stages of heart disease. Electrocardiograms (ECG’s) are limited, Exercise Stress Tests only show advanced blockages (80% or more).
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
THE MAJORITY OF HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES OCCUR WITH BLOCKAGES THAT ARE LESS THAN 50%
Arteries are NOT like your kitchen sink pipes. Cholesterol does not accumulate to the wall of the arteries, nor does it build up like your kitchen sink pipes.
This is a heart attack:
What if you have blockages or known heart disease?
ARTERIES ARE A MUSCLE NOT A PIPE. HEART STENTS AND BYPASS SURGERY ARE NOT A CURE.
Physicians are very smart, but cannot possibly keep up with all the developments in every field, especially those far removed from their areas of interest. Cardiologists are not plumbers. A cardiologist’s approach typically involves surgeries and medications. Some may be necessary but some may not be.
Our unique cardiac rehabilitation and heart disease treatment program reverses heart disease.
Live happier, healthier … longer
Why the Heart Fit Clinic?
Our focus is your heart. We are really good at that. We are devoted to helping you prevent and reverse heart disease.
- Heart Fit Clinic is featured authority in the media since 2007
- Proud Member of the Cardiac Health Foundation
- Member of the Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (CACPR)
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Diamond Fernandes (Our Founder) is a published author of the book Beating Heart Disease
- He is also world-renowned speaker at Cardiology Conferences and EECP Conferences.
- Executive board of directors for the
- Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (CACPR)
- International EEECP Association
Of course, we love our clients and the results we achieve. Our principle focus is on cardiac rehabilitation, safe and effective level of exercises, best nutrition, supplements, and stress management. We are always relentlessly pursuing and researching the latest cardiac information to help YOU.
We will provide you with:
- An accurate assessment of your heart health
- Non-Invasive, non-radiation and safe therapies.
- Peace of mind
- A plan to prevent and reverse heart disease
- A bridge to ensure you do not fall into the gaps in our healthcare system
- A passion to improve your quality of life
- Motivation and inspiration to improve your heart health
Details of Assessments:
If you want to know your risk, we have the best tests to detect your risk of a heart attack or stroke along with tests to see why you are at increased risk. Arteries are a muscle, not a pipe. It is not about cholesterol accumulating to walls of a pipe and slowly closing up. There is a delicate layer to the artery that is important to understand.
If you have artery disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes we want to see why and keep track of the disease process with our testing.
If you have other heart conditions you may want to consider our tests to determine your limitations.
Details of Treatments:
This is our favorite part of our services: The combination of our cardiac rehabilitation and prevention program, results in preventing and reversing heart disease.
We focus on the best evidence-based practices that include:
- Exercise therapy (Clinically monitoring ECG, blood pressure, blood sugar, and oxygen levels)
- External Counterpulsation (EECP)
- Education and lots of it. Your heart is our focus.
- Natural Medicine
Our treatments start at $100 per treatment. Call us to book your consult so we can help you with the best package.
TIME IS OUR GREATEST ASSET:
Yes, there is a cost to our service, but this is an investment in your health, your life. We give you back time, which is the greatest gift anyone can receive. We can always make more money; unfortunately it is tough to make more time.
What are your family responsibilities? Are you accountable to your family? Do they depend on you?
Are you looking for a healthy measurement?
Are you looking for more attention to detail?
Do you really want to understand your risk and come up with an action plan to prevent and reverse heart disease?
DON’T WAIT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE
You only have one heart. Take advantage of our consultations as we guarantee it will not be a waste of time.